Welcome & Vision: To Hi! I’m Al (known on Twitch as XtianNinja), a full-time streamer, podcaster, and YouTuber from Canada who is working hard to serve the online community by mentoring content creators and […]
Welcome & Vision:
To Hi! I’m Al (known on Twitch as XtianNinja), a full-time streamer, podcaster, and YouTuber from Canada who is working hard to serve the online community by mentoring content creators and building an open, encouraging, and meaningful online family, through gaming, real talk, and God’s truth. For more about me, check out the “About Me” page.
Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/xtianninja
Updated Channel Statistics: https://twitchtracker.com/xtianninja/statistics
Most Recent Ministry Update:
Over the past months, I’ve been working hard on a new online ministry and seeing it’s success by hitting important benchmarks has given me the encouragement to create this vision page to share my passion and seek ministry partners. Hitting these milestones so quickly has proved not only that God is blessing this work, but that a unique ministry like this one can have a deep, spiritual impact on the people world. It’s not only the rapid numerical growth that has been exciting, but the many opportunities I’ve had to mentor Christian Content Creators, share the gospel, do pastoral counselling, build loving communities, and teach the scriptures to people who have never been to church. Another surprise has been becoming an important part of up-and-coming Christian streaming organizations and being an online “safe haven” for believers who are looking for family-friendly, Christian streamers (something not very easy to find).
The reason for this section of my website is to let you see how the ministry is coming along and ask you to help me reach more people by turning this into a full-time ministry. I’ve dedicated my life to serving this unique people group and feel that this is the right time to ask for your support because it’s no longer an “idea” but a viable and successful missions program with proven potential.
Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my video and read this page. If you have questions or want to learn more, I would love to talk to you about my vision, hopes, and tell you some wonderful stories about experiences I’ve had with people all around the world. Contact me here.
The Vision: Going Where They Are
In Jesus’ Parable of the Great Banquet the master of the house, upon hearing that his invited guests wouldn’t come, told his servants to “go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled.” (Lk 14:12-24) When the Apostle Paul was describing his perspective on missions he said, “I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel…” (1Cor 9:19–23) Those verses encapsulate the heart behind XtianNinja Online Missions. My mission is to couple my theological education and ministry experience with my love of technology to purposefully join online communities for the sake of bringing the light of the gospel to people that would never be reached by traditional missions.
Gaming is HUGE:
– 1.2 Billion Gamers in the World Today
– 40 Million Active Gaming Channels
– Millions Watch Online Gaming Every day
– Among People Aged 18-35, Watching Gaming is More Popular Than Watching Sports
The Mission Field: A Dark Place with Millions of People
Watching livestream gaming is popular, but the content is overwhelmingly dark. Most video game streamers (the people being watched) are profane, overtly sexual, demonic, or simply inane. If you search for “family friendly” streamers on Twitch.tv (the largest video game streaming sight in the world) you will immediately eliminate 99% of the content. And, when it comes to the amount of purposeful, educated, passionate, online missionaries dedicated to serving these lost people, the number dwindles to mere dozens.
Consider that! Hundreds of millions of lost people struggling with loneliness, depression, addiction, and more, sitting in their homes watching hundreds of hours of dark content, desperately searching for hope and meaning in their lives – and only a few trained missionaries to reach them. These people are not in coffee shops, parks, on sports teams, or local churches. They don’t come
to events (especially during COVID) and simply cannot be reached by traditional missions. It’s a huge mission field that is desperate for trained, knowledgeable, passionate, mature, technologically-savvy, missionaries and disciple makers.
So, how do we get the gospel to people who won’t leave their homes and come to us? We go to them through their computer.
How do we inspire these people who are so used to dark content to seek God? Make excellent and enjoyable content that is not only interesting and entertaining for them to watch, but is hopeful and godly – and is coupled with purposeful, gospel oriented content that introduces them to Jesus. That’s what XtianNinja Online Ministries is all about!
Something To Read: “The Next Mission Field is a Game” Christianity Today
Something To Visit: https://www.varsityesportsfoundation.org/
The Path: From Virtual Life to Eternal Life
There are already a few dedicated online missionaries that are seeing lives changed through their ministry to the gaming and streaming community – and I’m happy to include myself among them. Godsquad Gaming, Higher Score Gaming, & God Mode Activated have already seen hundreds of meaningful connections, salvations, and faith renewals in the past 10 years. And that faith doesn’t just live online! For example, GodSquad Gaming is the outreach arm of Godsquad Church, a brick-and-mortar “church for gamers” that has seen an amazing increase in attendance since they were planted in 2015. I’ve been learning from their experiences, contacting them directly, and have created an effective plan for XtianNinja Online Missions.
How an Unreached Online Stranger Becomes a Dedicated Disciple Through XtianNinja OM:
1. Discover my Content: Through Twitch Gaming & Teaching Live-streams, YouTube Videos, Podcast, or Social Media
2. Become Part of my Online Community: Chat during streams, join an XtianNinja dedicated Discord voice and text conversation server, and meet the existing follower group.
3. Connect With Me Personally: Through Chat, Discord Video & Text, or E-mail
4. Share Needs and Receive Care: I, through direct contact and on stream, and online community I’ve built shows them love and helps with their struggles.
5. Present the Gospel: Once trust is built and love is demonstrated, I present the gospel through a regular stream or directly over the community server.
6. Guide them In the First Steps of Discipleship: Through regular Livestream Bible Chats, Dedicated Devotional/Teaching Streams, and Direct Contact (Some at this point have started calling me their “pastor”.)
7. Introduce Them to a Local Congregation: Move them from Virtual Life to Eternal life with a faith community by working with them to contact the pastor and find a gospel church.
8. Continue to be their online mentor and friend.
From Global to Local: How This Reaches Your Community
Though most of the energy of this ministry will be focused on global outreach, I also have a passion to help local churches and ministries to grow and flourish. Therefore, along with the online content, I have also been working on ways to consult with churches to help them improve their technology, join the online missions community, and be a place for the people in their congregations to watch family friendly, Christian led, gaming.
Also, one thing that’s amazing about the gaming community is that they, like any other fan group, will come out to gaming related conventions and competitive events. With a little work, a church with a big room, projector, and a decent internet connection could actually host all manner of gaming related activities. This would not only open their doors to the gamers around them, but also take their online contacts and turn them into to active participants in their own in-house ministries. Another option is to start up a dedicated “e-sports” ministry where people can gain the benefits of traditional “sports ministries” but focused on competitive gaming instead.
How It’s Going: Successes So Far
Updated October Goals List:
– Twitch: ☑️4 Weekly Streams, ☑️+400 Followers, ☑️50+ Subscribers (Next Goal = 500 & 125 by end of Oct)
– Discord: ☑️80+ Members (Next Goal = 100 by end of October)
– Podcast: ❎100+ Downloads / Week (Next Goal = 100 by end of 2021)
– Website: ☑️~500 Views / Week (Next Goal = 600 by end of 2021)
– Blog: ☑️750+ Subscribers (Next Goal = 1000 by end of 2021)
– ❎ 3/5 Streamer Collabs (by end of 2021)
– ❎ Active Leader in 1/2 Online Communities (by end of 2021)
– ❎ 20 Life Changing Testimonials (by end of 2021)
- Current Twitch Statistics: https://twitchtracker.com/xtianninja/statistics
- Current YouTube Statistics: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/wipeoutal
- Social media accounts have grown in reach by over 2000% with 370% growth on content interactions and thousands of views.
- I’ve already maxed out the “Affiliate Status” (their designation for a “real streamer” that gets benefits non-affiliates can’t) and am on the way to “Partner”
- Some individuals & churches have committed to regular monthly donations
- I’m in contact with over a dozen online ministries and have grown as part of the streaming community
Supporting Online Missions: How You Can Help
- Be Part of My Offline Community: I need prayer support, loving accountability, supportive friends, encouraging notes, and folks who are as excited about online mission as I am sharing this ministry with others. This ministry won’t thrive and impact the world without a family of believers in my corner.
- Tell Your Network About Me: If you know a gamer, streamer, or online ministry that is already out there working and serving the gaming community, please let me know! We are few and far between and the more connections we can make to each other the greater our impact will be.
- Watch & Share the Streams: One of the easiest ways you can support the stream is simply to tune in when I’m live. Even if you don’t listen to the whole thing (called “Lurking”) Twitch counts you as a viewer and it helps my statistics and puts me higher up on the discovery page. If I can get 75 people watching concurrently – even if, for some, I’m just their background radio noise – I can reach “Partner“.
- Give Financial Support: As you can imagine, there are a lot of costs associated with connecting with the online streaming and gaming community – and like any other traditional missionary, committing one’s life to serving and reaching a distinct people group full-time (or even part-time!) requires a huge commitment of time, energy, and resources. As you know, serving others requires sacrifice. I believe with all my heart that God has called me to make this my full-time ministry (60 hours per week) and I have no other job. Here are some of the ministry costs (broken down monthly) not including my family living expenses (like rent, food, bills, insurance, etc.) which I certainly need support for.
- $175 – Streaming Hardware & Software (PC Upgrades, Maintenance, Software, Games, etc.)
- $80 – High Speed Internet Connection
- $55 – Advertising and Website Hosting
- $30 – Community Engagement (Contests, Giveaways, Props, Graphics, etc.)
My goal right now is $5000 / month (which puts me just above the poverty line where I live) but it’s enough to keep my family going, though that’s without any medical, dental, or vision coverage.