My Mission: To bring the light of the gospel to the next frontier of global missions by building an open, encouraging, and meaningful online family though gaming, real talk and […]
To bring the light of the gospel to the next frontier of global missions by building an open, encouraging, and meaningful online family though gaming, real talk and God’s truth.
Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/xtianninja
Custom Watchpage: https://streamlabs.com/aldescheneau/home
Updated Channel Statistics: https://twitchtracker.com/xtianninja/statistics
Weekly Podcast: Anchor & Most Providers, Amazon Music
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/G95bAGYf9K
Over the past months, I’ve worked hard to start up a new online streaming ministry and have recently met some important goals* that have given me the encouragement to create this vision page. Hitting these milestones so quickly has proved not only that God is in this work and blessing it, but that a unique ministry like this one can have a deep, spiritual impact on the world. It’s not only the rapid numerical growth that has been exciting, but the many opportunities I’ve had to share the gospel, do crisis counselling, and teach the scriptures to people who have never been to church. Another surprise has been becoming an online “safe haven” for believers who are looking for family-friendly, Christian streamers (something that is not easy to find).
The reason for this section of my website is to let you see how the ministry is coming along and to ask you to help me reach more people by turning this into a full-time ministry. I’ve dedicated my life to serving this unique people group and feel that this is the right time to ask for your support because it’s no longer an “idea” but a viable and successful missions program with proven potential.
Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my video and read this page. If you have questions or want to learn more, I would love to talk to you about my vision, hopes, and tell you some wonderful stories about experiences I’ve had with people all around the world. Contact me here.
The Vision: Going Where They Are
In Jesus’ Parable of the Great Banquet the master of the house, upon hearing that his invited guests wouldn’t come, told his servants to “go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled.” (Lk 14:12-24) When the Apostle Paul was describing his perspective on missions he said, “I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel…” (1Cor 9:19–23) Those verses encapsulate the heart behind XtianNinja Online Missions. My mission is to couple my theological education and ministry experience with my love of technology to purposefully join online communities for the sake of bringing the light of the gospel to people that would never be reached by traditional missions.
Gaming is HUGE:
– 1.2 Billion Gamers in the World Today
– 40 Million Active Gaming Channels
– Millions Watch Online Gaming Every day
– Among People Aged 18-35, Watching Gaming is More Popular Than Watching Sports
The Mission Field: A Dark Place with Millions of People
Watching livestream gaming is popular, but the content is overwhelmingly dark. Most video game streamers (the people being watched) are profane, overtly sexual, demonic, or simply inane. If you search for “family friendly” streamers on Twitch.tv (the largest video game streaming sight in the world) you will immediately eliminate 99% of the content. And, when it comes to the amount of purposeful, educated, passionate, online missionaries dedicated to meeting these lost people, the number dwindles to mere dozens.
Consider that! Hundreds of millions of lost people struggling with loneliness, depression, addiction, and more, sitting in their homes watching hundreds of hours of dark content, desperately searching for hope and meaning in their lives – and only a few trained missionaries to reach them. These people are not in coffee shops, parks, on sports teams, or local churches. They don’t come
to events (especially during COVID) and simply cannot be reached by traditional missions. It’s a huge mission field that is desperate for trained, knowledgeable, passionate, mature, technologically-savvy, missionaries and disciple makers.
So, how do we get the gospel to people who won’t leave their homes and come to us? We go to them.
How do we inspire these people who are so used to dark content to seek God? Make excellent and enjoyable content that is not only interesting for them to watch, but is clean, hopeful, and godly – and is coupled with purposeful, gospel oriented content that introduces them to Jesus. That’s what XtianNinja Online Ministries is all about!
Something To Read: “The Next Mission Field is a Game” Christianity Today
Something To Visit: https://www.varsityesportsfoundation.org/
The Path: From Virtual Life to Eternal Life
There are already a few dedicated online missionaries that are seeing lives changed through their ministry to the gaming and streaming community. Godsquad Gaming, Higher Score Gaming, & God Mode Activated have already seen hundreds of meaningful connections, salvations, and faith renewals in the past 10 years. And that faith doesn’t just live online! For example, GodSquad Gaming is the outreach arm of Godsquad Church, a brick-and-mortar “church for gamers” that has seen an amazing increase in attendance since they were planted in 2015.I’ve been learning from their experiences, contacting them directly, and have created an effective plan for
XtianNinja Online Missions.
How This Works:
1. Discover the Content: Through Twitch Gaming & Teaching Live-streams, YouTube Videos, Podcast, or Social Media
2. Become Part of an Online Community: They chat during streams, join an XtianNinja dedicated “Discord” voice and text conversation server, and meet the group.
3. Connect With Me Personally: Through Chat, Discord, or E-mail
4. Share Needs: The community shows love by helping with their struggles.
5. Present the Gospel: Once trust is built and love is demonstrated, present the gospel through a regular stream or directly over the community server.
6. Guide them In the First Steps of Discipleship: Through regular Livestream Q&A Bible Chats, Dedicated Devotional/Teaching Streams, and Direct Contact (Some at this point have started calling me their “pastor”.)
7. Introduce Them to a Local Congregation: Move them from Virtual Life to Eternal life with a faith community by working with them to contact the pastor and find a gospel church.
8. Continue to be their online mentor and friend.
From Global to Local: How This Reaches Your Community
Though most of the energy of this ministry will be focused on global outreach, I also have a passion to help local churches and ministries to grow and flourish. Therefore, along with the online content, I have also been working on ways to consult with churches to help them improve their technology, join the online missions community, and be a place for the people in their congregations to watch family friendly, Christian led, gaming.
Also, one thing that’s amazing about the gaming community is that they, like any other fan group, will come out to gaming related conventions and competitive events. With a little work, a church with a big room, projector, and a decent internet connection could actually host all manner of gaming related activities. This would not only open their doors to the gamers around them, but also take their online contacts and turn them into to active participants in their own in-house ministries. Another option is to start up a dedicated “e-sports” ministry where people can gain the benefits of traditional “sports ministries” but focused on competitive gaming instead.
How It’s Going: Successes So Far
– Twitch: ☑️5 Weekly Streams, ☑️150+ Followers, ☑️15+ Subscribers (Next Goal = 200 & 20 by end of July)
– Discord: ☑️40+ Members (Next Goal = 75 by end of July)
– Podcast: ☑️100+ Downloads / Week (Next Goal = 150 by end of July)
– Website: ☑️500+ Views / Week (Next Goal = 600 by end of 2021)
– Blog: ☑️750+ Subscribers (Next Goal = 1000 by end of 2021)
– ❎ 5 Streamer Collabs (by end of 2021)
– ❎ Active Leader in 2 Online Communities (by end of 2021)
– ❎ 20 Life Changing Testimonials (by end of 2021)
- Current Twitch Statistics: https://twitchtracker.com/xtianninja/statistics
- Current YouTube Statistics: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/wipeoutal
- Website traffic increased from 1250 to 2500 visitors per month
- Social media accounts have grown in reach by over 2000% with 370% growth on content interactions and thousands of views.
- I reached “Affiliate Status” very quickly (their designation for a “real streamer” that gets benefits non-affiliates can’t)
- Some ministries and followers have committed to regular monthly donations to keep the content going
- I’m in contact with over a dozen online ministries and have grown as part of the streaming community
Supporting Online Missions: How You Can Help
- Be Part of My Offline Community: I need prayer support, loving accountability, supportive friends, encouraging notes, and folks who are as excited about online mission as I am sharing this ministry with others. This ministry won’t thrive and impact the world without a family of believers in my corner.
- Tell Your Network: If you know a gamer, streamer, or online ministry that is already out there working and serving the gaming community, please let me know! We are few and far between and the more connections we can make to each other the greater our impact will be.
- Give Financial Support: As you can imagine, there are a lot of costs associated with connecting with the online streaming and gaming community – and like any other traditional missionary, committing one’s life to serving and reaching a distinct people group full-time (or even part-time!) requires a huge commitment of time, energy, and resources. As you know, serving others requires sacrifice. Here are some of the ministry costs (broken down monthly) not including my family living expenses (like rent, food, bills, insurance, etc.).
- $175 – Streaming Hardware & Software (PC Upgrades, Maintenance, Software, Games, etc.)
- $80 – High Speed Internet Connection
- $55 – Advertising and Website Hosting
- $30 – Community Engagement (Contests, Giveaways, Props, Graphics, etc.)