A fellow pastor (Chad Graham), a good friend of mine (Steve Bastian) and I are in the process of putting together a new podcast/vodcast where we spend some time chatting about big questions and current events. So, just for fun, I put together an intro for him. He liked it so much that we agreed to share it!
Check it out.
[Yes, that was “Pinky and the Brain” in the background. Seemed appropriate. I’m not going to tell you which of us is “The Genius” and which is “Insane”.]
Sharing this also gives us an opportunity to gauge interest in this kind of program. Is it something you would want to listen to?
There are lots of global and Canadian issues we can chat about (The Slenderman Murders, Quebec Voting for Euthanasia, Legalizing Prostitution in Canada…) and here’s a list of other issues we’re thinking of taking on:
- Should Christians eat Organic & Local?
- Predestination vs Free Will
- What’s the Best way to do devos?
- Which is better, mega church or micro church?
- Who was/is the greatest preacher or author of the 20th century?
- What book has helped you the most as a believer?
- Should pastors have a dress code?
- Is being fat a sin?
- What is the role of women in the church?
- What’s the scariest (true) church story you’ve ever heard?
- How should Christians use social media?
- What can I do if I’m addicted to porn?
- Beards or no beards?
- What kinds of movies are Christians allowed to watch?
- What’s the deal with Mark Driscoll?
- At what age should kids be baptized?
- Who is allowed to take communion?
- Why are there so many kinds of churches?
- What is [Christian author]’s best book?
- Can Christians get cosmetic surgery?
Would you be interested in such a program? Do you have any suggestions that could make it better? If so, comment below and let us know.
Well my first thought when reading the fake intro is who is Pinky and the Brain? In other words who are you trying to reach with this message? If it is all age groups then stuff like the aforementioned Pinky and the Brain might not catch on with some of us older believers. We won’t get it. As for the topics, I say yes to them all. Some are fun and lots are going to help people of all ages to be more loving and less judgemental towards others.
“Pinky and the Brain” is an old cartoon where two mice try to take over the world. “One is a genius and the other’s insane” is one of the lyrics:
I’m hoping that we can appeal to a broad range of folks, but you’re right… inside jokes are only funny to those on the inside.